This past July, we here at BNSF were proud to celebrate Canada Day by looking back on all we’ve accomplished throughout our 150-year partnership in this great country. With more than 80 employees currently working across the border, our presence in Canada extends nearly border to border, from Toronto to Vancouver. As we wrestle with North American supply chain issues, BNSF’s Team Canada is pulling out all the stops to help customers move loads across the border. We are not only keeping up with operations, but we’re also forecasting more growth in Canadian business. As we look forward to a bright future, we encourage you to take a look at some of the things that make our Canadian partnership so exciting and essential:
- Canada is the No. 1 trading partner with the U.S.
- With portals in three provinces, Canadian customers can link to BNSF’s 32,500-route-mile network (more than 52,303 kilometers)—a system that is larger than Canada’s entire rail network.
- The Gateway Energy Terminal and Ceres Global at Northgate, Saskatchewan, is a Certified Site, meaning it has been identified as an optimal rail-served site that meets BNSF’s stringent readiness standards.
- BNSF has had a presence in Winnipeg since 1888, providing access to the expansive BNSF network.
- The Greater Vancouver Gateway is our busiest in Canada, with increasing demand for shipments southbound, as well as important northbound exports.
Learn more about how BNSF is celebrating our employees and customers north of the border here.